The September 2014 Stated Meeting of the Presbytery of New York City will be held on Saturday, September 27, 2014, at Holmes Presbyterian Camp and Conference Center in Holmes, New York. Full information about the meeting will be posted here by September 16, but since this meeting requires a little more planning than usual, we are opening preregistration for the meeting early and ask for your response by Sunday, September 21.
Registration will begin at 9:00 A.M. The business of the meeting will begin at 10:00 A.M. Due to the travel time involved and restrictions on the bus (see below), the meeting will adjourn no later than 4:00 P.M. The docket for the meeting is still being developed, but we anticipate these items (among others):
- Presentation from International Peacemaker Rev. Lala Haja Rasendrahasina of Madagascar
- Consideration of Amendments to the Standing Rules (unfinished from the July 2014 meeting)
- Worship on the theme of Shalom
Lunch will be served at the camp for $10. You are encouraged to prepay for your lunch ticket through the preregistration process.
Based on initial feedback from presbyters, we are offering two transportation options for those who are not driving or riding with others.
- A charter bus will depart from 475 Riverside Drive (presbytery office) at 8:00 A.M. Preregistration is required to guarantee your seat by Sunday, September 21. A $10 deposit will be charged to your credit card and will be refunded if you cancel by September 21 or if you take the bus to the meeting.
- A shuttle will be available from the Southeast station on the Metro-North Harlem line, meeting trains departing Grand Central at 7:47 A.M. (arrival 9:20 A.M.) and 8:47 A.M. (arrival 10:21 A.M.) Again, preregistration is required, but no fee will be charged.
If you wish to take the bus or shuttle, please be sure to indicate your transportation choice during the registration process. Presbyters are also encouraged to offer rides to others and carpool.
Activities for All Ages
Holmes Camp will be providing activities for children during the meeting, and we hope to involve them in worship as well. Be sure to indicate the number of children with your preregistration.
The preregistration deadline is Sunday, September 21, 2014. So that we can ensure seats are available for everyone, preregistration is required for anyone who wishes to take the bus to the meeting.
If you have any questions or experience difficulties with the preregistration process, please do not hesitate to contact the Stated Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-870-2221 ext. 2.